Monday, February 23, 2009

Future plans

I took a long rest after Thar desert videoclip: I was really overhelmed after three videos in one month - and without a break, I started to work on clips right after Outskirt's end.
In these vacation days I still was thinking to music, some new songs came in my mind, and forgot as well (except one, which will be the first I'll work on). I think what I forgot was not so impressive, resulting in kind of filter for bad material. I mean, thinking this way it's at least conforting.

This time I would make a less eclectic record.
For many reasons:
  • few people can listen to a whole record if it's made of mazurkas, death metal, classical, pop, funky, electronics, punk, general absurdities... the average listener likes one or two... maybe three (not very) different genres.
  • having more than a musical identity result in a vague global identity. People can't remember You, it's the same dynamics in advertising, unfocused=forgettable.
  • I could say I don't care about the previous two points, as I play for my pleasure so if You don't like it, listen to another musician :-D. But I myself want to make a record more compact, and go into deep in a single genre.
It's hard to decide what genre. I think I'll finish to split my ideas on smaller units, like Eight-Bit Deboned which is less than 18 minutes.

No comments: