Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I made a videoclip for IfSounds

This time I had a new esperience: first time I make a clip for another band.

My friend Dario Lastella sent me some DVDs with IfSounds footages about Midsummer Raving, a track enclosed in their (then) namesake record If, a collection of songs from '93 to 2005.
They changed in these days their name from If to IfSounds, enrolled a couple of new bandmates (for singer Elena it's a coming back, plus a new drummer) and decided to give another spin to Midsummer Raving.

To me it was a double challenge: first of all, I had to assemble footages shooted without a storyboard. Second, I usually make videoclips from my most unlistenable / avant tracks (quite masochist, under a commercial point of view); while this track is a melancholic ballad about loneliness and abandon, with no bass nor drums - just voice, guitar, piano and viola. Very melodic and pop.

I pointed on a juxtaposition between B/W and color blasts by still images, slow editing with fades (just one dry cut in 6 minutes), a classical multi-splitted screen. Simple and plain.
I added a drummer video sequence, despite there are none in this track, as Ifsounds with this clip wanted also to present the new line-up enclosing new drummer Enzo Bellocchio.

Well, this is the result, I'm quite happy with it.


No comments: