Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summary of activities


Many things are on the go, maybe too much.

  • On Garageband still no reviews, seems like in august most of reviewers are on the beach. Meanwhile, I continue in doin' mine to earn another contest entry.
  • I'm a little stuck with Maya 3D. The usual wall of complexity at 25% of self-instruction, mostly based on the great number of new info (brain refuse to fill in further, it's "bored"). I need it for my job and next videos. Anyway I learnt basics in modeling and rigging, which is the most important thing. I've seen I can re-use my old bevelling basic solids Lightwave tecnique, and add new sculpting features to a defined shape. I prefer to go into deep with these two parts then start with FX (liquids, sparkles, fluids, mass scenes management and so on).
  • I have to do a Clash cover (Complete Control from first record) for Apskaft, we're doin' a compilation based on Rolling Stones top 500. As usual we random assigned tracks, I had to choose among Who's Baba O'Riley, Clash's Complete Control and a song by Springsteen. I eliminated Springsteen immediately :-D, so I was uncertain between clash and one of the very few songs by Who I like, but Clash was nearest to me, I listened a lot to that record (and to London Calling or Sandinista!)
  • Collaborations. I'm keeping contact with various musicians to make a team-up record in the next future, but I'm too busy to start anything. Good luck they are all calm, pacific and patient people :-D
  • I found a NING group pretty interesting, Progrock.ning, and joined immediately. After a half dozen NINGs by electronic musicians, I can talk about avant & prog with a few nice people. They inserted three songs of mine (intro, Behind the Curtain and Møre og Romsdal) in the main playlist, and we started to exchange info and opinions via forum or shoutbox. Friendly, and freaky as prog deserves. Well I'm passing most of the NING-time :-D there.

No comments: